“It doesn’t make sense to hire smart people and then tell them what to do;
we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.”
– Steve Jobs
As a boutique firm in Doylestown, PA we have several big advantages over larger investment banks:
- We give you as much responsibility as you can handle and promote you as quickly as you’re ready. There’s no waiting in line. We reward hard work and results.
- We don’t work 100-120 hours per week. We work as much as required to satisfy our clients. Weekends are for family and friends.
- Our office is located in Doylestown near the train station, away from the congestion and city taxes. Philadelphia and NYC are manageable commutes (60 min and 90 min respectively).
- We’re not a big bank trying to fill 50 positions. We only add one or two people per year. In other words, you’re guaranteed to only work with other A+ players.
In addition, people who want to join our team must align with our Six Core Values:
- Work Together
- Stay Positive
- Finish Strong
We are seeking experienced investment bankers with a proven ability to develop business relationships, maintain a funnel of opportunities, and manage the process.
Your experience should include:
- A proactive self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude
- 10+ years investment banking experience, or experience exiting your company as a successful entrepreneur
- Industry expertise
- Flawless execution and project-management skills
- Track record of finding and serving clients and closing transactions
- The ability to listen, empathize, and persuade
The right candidate will augment our Life Sciences and B to B practice areas, or lead their own. Candidates aligned with SEA’s core values will be considered. E’s with X’s highly prized. If you fit the above, please introduce yourself.
In order to excel in this position, you will work closely with the firm’s Managing Directors, gaining hands-on experience in the exciting field of investment banking. You will have varied responsibilities, including preparing research analysis on prospects, clients, and building potential acquirer lists. You will work with industry-standard software and analytic tools, including previous transaction databases, valuation tools, pipeline tracking software, etc. Complex financial modeling skills are not a requirement, however candidates should have knowledge of accounting principles and know how to read a financial statement. This is a position for “A Players” with a GPA of 3.5 or higher. Writing skills, the ability to perform research, analyze and articulate findings are a ‘must have’ skill set. As such, the successful candidate must have a track record of academic success, be a team player, and like to work in a team environment. Summer analysts must have strong organizational skills and the ability to proactively multitask and balance competing priorities in a dynamic environment. He or she must possess excellent interpersonal skills, be comfortable interacting with entrepreneurs, and possess self-time management skills.