"It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and then tell them what to do;
we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do." - Steve Jobs
Although we’re a small firm in Doylestown, PA we have several big advantages over larger investment banks:
- We don’t work 100-120 hours per week. We work 50-60 hours per week. Weekends are for family and friends.
- We pay the same as the large investment banks in NYC. That’s right. You work half the hours, and you get paid the same. (That’s because we have less overhead, and we share the profits.)
- Our office is strategically located next to the Doylestown train station. If you choose to live in Philadelphia, you can take the train to work. Or, if you choose to live in our bucolic town, your cost of living will be 50% less, and you can always visit NYC (90 minutes) and Philly (60 minutes) on the weekends.
- We give you as much responsibility as you can handle and promote you as quickly as you’re ready. There’s no waiting in line.
- We’re not a big bank trying to fill 50 positions. We only add one or two people per year. In other words, you’re guaranteed to only work with other A+ players.
In addition, people who want to join our team must align with our Six Core Values:
- M&A is a Team Sport
- (Over) Communicate
- Focus on What’s Important
- Stay Positive
- Be Prepared
- Finish the Day
Finally, we are particularly keen to attract E’s with X’s – entrepreneurs who have exited their own businesses. Understanding income statements, while necessary, doesn’t make you a great investment banker. Having lived through the process and being able to lead others through it with confidence and empathy does.
We are seeking experienced investment bankers with a proven ability to develop business relationships, maintain a funnel of opportunities, and manage the process.
Your experience should include:
- A proactive self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude
- 10+ years investment banking experience, or experience exiting your company as a successful entrepreneur
- Industry expertise (preferably Healthcare or Technology)
- Flawless execution and project-management skills
- Track record of finding and serving clients and closing transactions
- The ability to listen, empathize, and persuade
The right candidate will augment our Technology and Healthcare practice areas, or lead their own. Candidates aligned with SEA’s core values will be considered. E’s with X’s highly prized. If you fit the above, please introduce yourself.
Research Analysts work directly with Managing Partners on all facets of the business. While your duties will include working with income statements (training provided), the majority of the work is research oriented. Analysts will be asked to help build Buyer and Prospect lists, and organize content to write the BOM and the CIM. Analysts will have meaningful contact with clients and stakeholders throughout the transaction process. Absolute attention to detail, and a joy of digging deep to find answers, is required to succeed in this position. All majors are welcome to apply, but you must have a 3.8 GPA from a top school. (UPenn and Princeton preferred.) Remember, we’re only looking for one or two A+ players per year from the entire country. If that’s you, let us know.
At SEA, we rely heavily upon our intern program to identify talent for full time hire. As an intern you’ll be doing much of the same work as the research analyst. You’ll also be asked to solve problems that come up in the ordinary course of doing business. We expect to be able to throw hard stuff your way and that you’ll be able to handle it. As above, we don’t care what your major is, but we do care that you have a 3.8 GPA from a top school, preferably UPenn or Princeton. We aim to hire three A+ interns per summer. That means coming to work everyday with a positive attitude ready to work hard. For our part, we offer competitively paid internships in a phenomenal learning environment. Rising Juniors and Seniors are welcome to apply.